Prepared by Tiwariacademy
|Nutrition in Plants||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Nutrition in Animals||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Fibre to Fabric||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Acids, Bases and Salts||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Physical and Chemical Changes||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Weather, Climate and Adaptions to Climate||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Winds, Storms and Cyclones||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Respiration in Organisms||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Transportation in Animals and Plants||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Reproduction in Plant||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Motion and Time||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Electric Current and its effect||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Water a Precious resource||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Forests our lifeline||DOWNLOAD HERE|
|Waste Water Story||DOWNLOAD HERE|
COMPETENCIES OF 2018 – 19
- 7th FL English,
- 7th FL Kannada,
- 7th Maths KM,
- 7th Science KM,
- 7th SL English,
- 7th SL Kannada,
- 7th Social Science KM,
- 7th TL English,
- 7th TL Kannada
7th English (Second Language)
THE WONDERFUL BOWL
Last Minute Reference Notes
Question & Answers
- Which Sentence in The Wonderful Bowl shows that Philemon and Bausis were poor? : They lived in a hut on a mound is that sentence
- Would any stranger who came to their house go without Food? : They didn’t send anybody without serving food
- Why did the dogs bark? : They saw the ragged clothes of the Strangers and barked
- what made Philemon Say that the boys were bad? : Because they ill treated the two strangers
- Why did Baucis feel the strangers should have come earlier? : Because they have come after supper, if they had come before they could have share the food
- What were the Strangers pleased with? : They were pleased with the bowl of milk
- What made Baucis Astonished? : When she saw one of guest filling the glass of Milk with empty bowl of milk she was astonished
USE OF OPPOSITES
- Plastic is light but Iron is Heavy
- This chair is comfortable, but that one uncomfortable.
- You are late today, please come school early
- Some buses are ordinary and some buses are special/ express
- My sister is happy but my brother is unhappy.
Use of Words in Own Sentences
- hoot : The passenger heard the hoot of the train from the station.
- Welcome: We should welcome the guests.
- hospitable : The poor couples are hospitable.
- ill-treat : Don’t ill-treat the poor people.
- astonish : Their help really astonished him.
- accept : We should accept whatever we are given..
- Guests: All people are our Guests.
USE OF SUFFIXES
- Joy : Joyful
- Wonder : Wonderful
- Dictate : Dictation
- Comfort : Comfortable
- Hope : Hopeful
- Success : Successful
- Possess : Possession
- Concentrate : Concentration
- Honour : Honourable
- Medicate : Medication
1. “Don’t worry, good lady’.
a) Which lesson is this line taken from? : Taken from The Wonder Bowl’
b) Who is the “lady” ? : Baucis
c) When did the sepaker say so ? : When the lady had no milk in her home.
2. “May your bowl be full of milk always”.
a) Who said this ? : The guests said so.
b) Who did he say this to ? : To Baucis
c ) Why did speaker say so ? : He was happy because of their kindness.
3. “Good angles, we wish to die together”.
a) Who does the word we’ stand for? : For the couple.
b) Who was it said to ? : It was said to the angels.
c) Why did the speaker say so ? : It was their wish.
REWRITE USING ADJECTIVE FORMS
- John drives the car carefully : John drives the car with care,
- Bhuvana fed the puppy lovingly : Bhuvana fed the puppy with love.
- They easily solved the sum : They solved the sum easy.
- Vijaya sang melodiously : Vijaya sang melodic.
- Pramod writes neatly : Pramod writes neat.
- Rahim always speaks calmly : Rahim always speaks calm.
Meaning of Difficult Words
- Mound : Raised ground
- Hooted : Shouted
- Ill treat : Show discourtesy
- Ragged : Dressed in torn clothes
- Hospitality : Friendly reception of guest
- Mansion : A Grand House
- Astonished : Wondered