ABOUT NEET 2019
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET (UG) will be conducted by NTA from 2019 onwards. As per the official notification, registration for NEET 2019 has commenced from November 1. Intermediate graduates (10+2) with minimum of 50% aggregate marks can apply online at nta.ac.in.
|Name of the Examination||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Minimum Eligibility||Qualifying Marks in Class XII exam|
|Number of Questions||180|
|NEET Exam Syllabus||Physics, Chemistry and Biology syllabus of class 11th & 12th|
|Seats offered||56,000 (approx)|
|Purpose of examination||Admission to medical, dental, and AYUSH courses in India (except AIIMS and JIPMER)|
This year, the examination is scheduled for May 5 in offline (pen-paper) mode. Medical aspirants must note that the responsibility of NTA will be limited to the conduct of entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India
Speculations Related to NEET 2019
The Union Education Ministry has scrapped its plan to conduct NEET 2019 twice a year and in online mode after recommendations of the Health Ministry. Now, the medical entrance examination will be held in the month of May next year, in offline mode
- NEET not required for AYUSH aspirants in Karnataka.
- Content-Based Lectures for NEET 2019 by IIT Professors/ Subject Experts Released at nta.ac.in.
- As per the last order, students planning to study medicines from abroad are required to qualify NEET exam.
- Medical aspirants who did not appear for NEET 2018 can study abroad says MCI.
- The conducting body of NEET 2019 is the National Testing Agency (NTA 2019).
- A network of test centres will also be established by the NTA so that candidates from the rural areas can have ample opportunities to practice.
- To equate the two tests, measures like psychometric methods, standardisation techniques and the best of the two equated scores will be used.
- The manner of the tests will be scientific and developed jointly by psychometricians and subject matter experts.
- Only J&K students have to submit self-declaration form for seats in 15% All India Quota
What’s new in NEET 2019?
- The shift timing of NEET 2019 has been changed. The exam will start at 2.00 PM and will be conducted till 5.00 PM.
- A total of 4 exam centres must be chosen by candidates while filling in the application form.
- A new website has been launched for NEET by NTA – ntaneet.nic.in. The application form of NEET has been released on this new website.
- Aadhaar card is not mandatory for NEET registrations.
- NEET video lectures 2019 by IIT professors and subject experts has been released by NTA for clarifying the concepts of the particular subject.
- NTA has also provided the facility of NEET test practice centres for better preparations.
- The conducting body of NEET 2019 is the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- NEET 2019 will be conducted in offline mode only.
- The examination of NEET 2019 will be conducted once a year.
- The previous changes introduced in NEET have been retracted and NEET remains a single window entrance-cum-eligibility exam.
Keep Visiting for More Updates