ABOUT JNVST 2019 – 6th Admissions
The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti NVS declared the official notification of JNVST Admissions of candidates into 6th class for 2019-20 academic years in Navodaya Schools situated in different states of All over India.
About of NVS
- In accordance with the National Policy of Education 1986, Govt. of India started Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs). Presently the JNVs are spread in 28 States and 07 Union
- These are co-educational residential schools fully financed and administered by Govt. of India through an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Admissions in JNVs are made through the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) at Class VI.
State-wise Distribution of JNV
- According to the Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each District in a phased manner. At present, 661 Vidyalayas are sanctioned in 28 States and 07 Union Territories, out of which 629 are functioning.
- The State-wise distribution of JNVs sanctioned is as under:
- Andhra Pradesh 13+02; Himachal Pradesh 12; Punjab 22+01; Assam 27+01; Jammu & Kashmir 22+01; Pudducherry 04; Arunachal Pradesh 18; Jharkhand 24+02; Rajasthan 33+02; Andaman & Nicobar Islands 03 Karnataka 30+01; Sikkim 04; Bihar 38+01; Kerala 14; Tripura 08; Chandigarh 01; Lakshadweep 01; Telangana 09; Chattisgarh 27+01; Madhya Pradesh 51+02 +01*; Uttar Pradesh 75+01; Delhi 09; Maharashtra 33+01; Uttarakhand 13; Daman & Diu 02; Manipur 09+02; West Bengal 19+01; Dadra & Nagar Haveli 01; Meghalaya 11+01; Goa 02 Mizoram 08; Gujarat 33+01** Nagaland 11; Haryana 21 Orissa 30+01
- Total – 638+22**+1*= 661
- **Additional JNVs sanctioned for the Districts having large concentration of SC/ST population
Keep Visiting for More Updates