Top Dos and Don’ts for one day before exam
- Reconsider your flash cards: Do not refer any new topic and the textbooks. You may however; revisit your revision notes or refer highlighted points. But do not get panicky in case you are not able to recall some facts. Be calm and concentrate on revision.
- A peep into the important topics: If you wish, you may go through some of the important topics again. This may include revision of formulae, important facts and figures.
- Sample Papers: You may also refer some of the previous year papers to revisit some of the peculiar questions asked in the last years. But this does not mean that you attempt to solve numerical. And mark my words; if you try solving some, you are bound to get wrong answers.
- Do not skip meals: The last day is not meant for covering some new topic. Accept the fact that the preparation time is over. These 24 hours are just for brushing up the skills. Skipping meals can have a negative impact on your health and you cannot dare to take a risk at this crucial juncture. Have balanced light meals so that you don’t feel sleepy.
- Relax, relax and relax: You need to attempt the paper with a fresh mind. And the last day is meant to regain the lost energy. If you keep on studying the whole day, this exertion can affect your performance on D-day. Hence, don’t exert, and finish off with your revision latest by afternoon or early evening.
- Breathe and meditate: Aspirants are bound to feel stressed and exhausted on the day preceding the exam. Hence, in order to relax try to do some yoga exercises or meditation as this helps in relaxing nerves and muscles.
- Sleep well: Most of the students keep studying till late night and sleep for just 4 hours. As a result they feel sleepy during the exam. Moreover, one cannot think of attempting the tricky questions in such a state. It is crucial to take the exam with a fresh mind.