DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMME
To improve the quality of education at the elementary level by.
- Using innovative, pedagogy-based & technology-based tools in the classroom and teacher training.
- Fostering state-level systems that sustain the use of the tool
Features of DEP in the State of Karnataka
- Unique interventions that specifically target dual audience viz. teachers and students.
- Programmes are focused on pedagogical principles like child-centered learning, critical thinking and cognitive and emotional development.
- Ensure active learning through well designed program activities and multiple. Technologies for Teaching and Learning.
- Innovative teacher Training programs
- Development and adaptation of appropriate teaching learning materials, complementing the lessons with games, activities etc.
- Emphasizing the need for making learning a joyful experience.
- Orientation of parents, community and local NGOs on the need for creating a conductive atmosphere for learning.
The programme aims to:
- Bring in quality improvement in classroom transaction.
- Make learning child centered, interesting & motivating.
- Supplement class room teaching with audio-visual support.
- Take the children through real life situations
- Ensure that hard spots in every subject are easily understood by the children.
- Provide additional inputs in non-curricular areas for the overall development of children.
- Encourage teacher to develop Teaching Learning Materials and use them effectively in the class room.
Primary Education plays a vital role in the all-round development of the child. To give basic education to the child there should be a child friendly atmosphere in the school. To impart effective learning to child and also for universalization of the primary education, Department has planned different curricular activities. One among these activities which is supportive and innovative to learning is EDUSAT programme.[EDUSAT is an educational programme through Satellite. The Primary Education project in Distance mode is being implemented in collaboration with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Government of Karnataka (GOK) and various other agencies. Studio, Hub and up linking facilities have been set up at Department of Sate Educational Research and Training (DSERT), Bangalore. EDUSAT programme was launched as a pilot Project in 885 Primary Schools of Chamarajnagar in 2004-05.
EDUSAT programme is now operational in 885 elementary schools in Chamarajanagar, 885 elementary schools in Gulbarga, 406 elementary Schools in Bangalore Rural & 427 elementary schools in Ramanagar which covers 3,90,000 children, 1000 teachers and 2,000 educational functionaries.