FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What do these abbreviations stand for?
a) OAF – Online Application Form b) TAT –Test Admission Ticket
2. What computer knowledge is required to appear for Computer Based Test mode?
The candidate needs to know how to operate the computer mouse
3. What will be the medium of UGET 2018 Online Computer Based Test?
Medium of Examination will be English Language only
4. What will happen in case there is some problem in computer during the examination?
There will be enough buffer systems available in the examination centre to take care of such problems and time lost in change of system will be duly taken care as each and every second will be recorded by the server
5. Will there be a question booklet like in offline examination?
In Online Computer based test, the questions will appear on computer screen along with the answer options. Instruction page will also be displayed before the actual test begins. The time of reading of instructions will not be part of examination duration
6. How will I answer a question in UGET 2018 computer based test?
There will be four options for each question. You have to click one of the options using your computer mouse which can be reviewed or re-answered any time during the duration of the examination.
7. Can I change my answer during the exam?
You can change your answer any number of times before completing the session for the exam online.
8. Is the Entrance Test open only to Karnataka students?
No, this test is open to all the eligible students in the country.
9. Are candidates applying from outside the State of Karnataka eligible to get the benefit of lower eligibility qualifying marks?
SC/ST and OBC candidates belonging to Karnataka are only eligible to get the benefit of lower eligible qualifying marks.
10. I have finished my 2nd PUC /12th STD a few years ago. Am I eligible for these courses?
For B.Tech stream you would be eligible as per the norms of AICTE/VTU
11. Is there an age limit for the course?
For B.Tech stream you would be eligible as per the norms of AICTE/VTU
12. I have completed my diploma course. Can I apply to COMEDK and its Member Institutions for 2nd year / 3rd semester?
No. This notification is only for admissions to the 1st year/semester in B.E; thus you cannot apply for the 2nd Year (lateral entry scheme).
13. I am interested in applying for certain courses, but these are not listed in the course list provided in the website?
The course list provided in the website is limited to only those courses offered by COMEDK Member Institutions.
14. When is the last date to apply?
Last date for filling in the Online Application Form is on or before 19th April 2019
15. What is the procedure of seat selection?
Selection of seats for the Under Graduate course in Member Institutions is based on merit, taking into account the performance of the candidate in COMEDK UGET-2019. COMEDK entrance test, publication of test score and rank list will be followed by centralized counseling (Single window). The details of the arrangement made will be published in due course on our website, www.comedk.org.
16. How to apply to COMEDK UGET 2019?
The Candidates have to register themselves at www.comedk.org. On Registration the applicant will be provided with Login ID and Password. The application process requires the candidate to complete the prescribed online application form and submit it along with relevant documents and prescribed fees.
17. How many times can I register for COMEDK UGET 2019 exam?
As many times as you wish; but the E-mail ID once used for making a request cannot be used again. Also the Application fee is non-refundable and hence each Application has to be accompanied with a fresh Application fee. There is also the danger of multiple Applications being rejected; therefore the candidates are advised to be extremely careful while applying.
18. Can I send a black & white photograph with the Application Form?
No, the photograph to be provided in the application form has to be identical color photograph. It should not be more than 3 months old.Application with smudged / tampered or hazy photograph will not be accepted.
19. What mode of payment is acceptable for paying the fee?
Candidates can make the application fee payment only online by using the payment gateway provided by using debit card/credit card /net banking facility. COMEDK is not responsible for demand drafts sent to COMEDK office and it does not undertake the responsibility to inform the candidates of the same or to return the demand drafts.
20. I have not received the E-mail post Registration online?
Kindly contact the COMEDK Helpdesk to seek clarification and to know about the way forward.
21. Whether COMEDK sends a hard copy of Test Admission Ticket to the candidates?
No, Test Admission Tickets have to be downloaded and printed from our website and no hard copies would be dispatched.
22. If I have 5 clarifications in the provisional answer key, then do I have to make online payment of Rs. 500 or Rs.2500?
You have to make online payment of Rs.2500.+convenience charges (Rs.500 per clarification) along the relevant details as mentioned in the online form.
23. Would I get a refund for the amount, which I have sent along with my clarification/s?
You would be entitled for a refund only to the extent your clarification/s is/are upheld by the COMEDK academic committee. The refund would be made to the candidate/s account after the COMEDK UGET 2019 process is completed.
24. How will I know my test results?
The results will be uploaded under applicant login in the COMEDK website (www.comedk.org) for all the eligible candidates only.
25. Whether COMEDK sends a hard copy of the Rank Card to the candidates?
No, Rank cards have to be downloaded and printed from our website. Hard copies WOULD NOT is dispatched.
26. I cannot view the “submit” or “Save” button in the online application form
Please check the version of browser that you are currently using. Kindly use Internet Explorer (version 10 and above) or Mozilla Firefox(48 and above) or Google Chrome(50 and above) to fill in the Application Form. Also clear your browsing history and cache and retry.
27. I realized that I made an error while filling the application form. What do I do?
If you have not clicked on the “Submit” Button, you can edit the application form any number of times .However information provided at the time of registration cannot be changed later on. If you have already completed your online application form and have submitted the form online, then no changes can be made. You have the option to fill a new application form with an alternate email id. However please note that fee once paid is non-refundable.
However,we will be providing facility to the candidates, between 20th and 22nd April 2019, to rectify any inadvertant mistakes committed in uploading photo and signatures and in entering their academic details. Editing option for the critical/unique areas like application name,date of birth, etc. are not allowed.
Hence candidates are advised to review all information in application form before clicking on “submit” button.
28. How many Exams do I have to attend if I want to apply for both COMEDK UGET and Uni- GAUGE E Exam?
You will be attending one exam only. Previously these exams were being conducted as 2 separate exams. COMEDK UGET was conducted as an offline entrance exam in Karnataka. Uni-GAUGE E was being done as an online entrance across India.
On 12th May 2019, these two exams will be conducted on the “Same Day” during the “Same Session” and as “One Combined Exam”. This will reduce the need for students to prepare and attend multiple exams.
29. If I want to attend only COMEDK UGET 2019 or only Uni-GAUGE E 2019, will it be conducted on a separate date OR can I choose the sessions/shifts?
No, COMEDK UGET 2019 and Uni-GAUGE E 2019 will be conducted as a combined exam on 12th May 2019 ONLY
Visit : www.amkresourceinfo.com
"Your Success, Our Motto"